Even if you’ve kept your home in mint condition over the years, a little extra thought can mean thousands more in your sales price. It can also mean the difference between a week and a couple of months on the market.
Here are some projects to take care of before your home goes on the market.
- Paint inside and outside
- Clean up the yard – curb appeal
- Clean the roof
- Update the kitchen- new fixtures, countertops
- Clean the bathrooms – new toilet seats, fixtures
- Improve lighting throughout the house
- Refinish hardwood floors
- Make sure everything works
By postponing necessary repairs, a seller can lose twice – first in a lower sales price and later when a lender requires repairs for closing.